We have several active wildlife projects on Martha’s Vineyard. To learn about these projects, just click on the project name in bold.
1. Beach-nesting bird monitoring and protection (April – August)
2. Northern Long-eared Bat (Myotis septentrionalis) Research and Monitoring
- If you have seen bats in a building, root cellar, old well, storm drain, or even a tree during the winter (Dec. – March) on Martha’s Vineyard or Cape Cod, we would love to hear from you! Please email us at email@example.com
4. Mapping Snake Distribution on Martha’s Vineyard (April – November)
- Please report your Martha’s Vineyard snake sightings on our snake survey page.
5. Annual MV Christmas Bird Count (December/January)
Projects we revisit on 3 – 10 year intervals:
Eastern Willet (Tringa semipalmata) Migration Study
Coastal river otter (Lontra canadensis) mapping and monitoring (August – April)
- Belted Kingfisher (Ceryle alcyon), Bank swallow (Riparia riparia) and Northern Rough-winged Swallow (Stelgidopteryx serripennis)
Landowners – if you have river otter, belted kingfisher or bank swallow activity on your property and would like to be included in our mapping projects, please contact us using the contact form, email, or telephone number here.
We enjoy working with volunteers and young scientists in the field.
If you would like to volunteer with us, please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.