Martha’s Vineyard Snake Mapping Page
We are collecting data about snake sightings on Martha’s Vineyard, and are particularly interested in black racer sightings.
- Please use the “Snake Survey Form” located beneath the mapping section to supply details about your observations.
- Dropping a marker on the map is not the same as completing the form as we need details about your observation from the form.
- Use a different form for each different locations and/or snake.
- IMPORTANT: If you use the form at the bottom of the page, please remember to answer the spam-prevention question and then click the “Send” button at the bottom when you have finished.
To Download a Martha’s Vineyard Snake ID Card
English – click here
Portuguese – click here
You can also explore these very useful sites:
UMass’ Snakes of Massachusetts Site
Tom Tyning’s Western Mass Naturalist Site
Using the mapping section to map your snake sighting or get GPS coordinates (this is optional):
1) RIGHT CLICK (or if on a phone or tablet, tap) as close as possible to the location where you saw a snake; this displays a moveable standard marker on the map.
2) Drag the marker to the desired location – you can resize or move the map as necessary (GPS coordinates of the marker location will appear in the address/location field below the map).*
3) Type the snake name into the marker title text field.
4) Optional: type a brief descriptive note into the marker description field, and/or upload an image.
Add your own marker
The Snake Survey Form: